24 May 2016

TINYCORN!!

These are just tooooo cute! A friend wanted a rainbow unicorn for her rainbow baby but the pattern she originally saw was too big for me to say I'd do it. Then I saw this super cute unicorn by ahooka'migurumi who has some great patterns. This one is in a free e-book of 8 patterns. Well worth looking at.

My biggest issue was getting the right yarns. The white is a baby wool, the tail/mane is cotton (I was able to get a small pack of mini yarns so I didn't have to get 7 50g balls). The tricky bit was the horn/hooves. I tried a few different silver crochet threats but in the end I went with some cross stitch thread. It was a very tricky bit to do as its only3 sc around, but I managed to do it...twice. I also had to try a couple of different eyes but found these at David's Emporium.  
Of course, once I had these 2 I had to make a rainbow turtle friend for them :)  (tiny striped turtle)




No comments:

Post a Comment