10 Jun 2011


I started this quite a while ago and have finally gotten around to finishing it, it's a good thing I made it a couple of sizes bigger. I picked up 2 different lengths of merino from Designer Textiles, one was a bit of a heavier weight so will be nice and warm for winter.
I used Burda pattern #9636. I have to say that this was not the easiest pattern to follow and that it is lucky that I have made a few things using patterns before as there were a couple of times where you just needed to know what they were trying to say. The other good thing is that my machine can sew through quite a few layers as it got pretty thick at the shoulders when sewing the hood and the 2 layers of jacket together.
Quite happy with the result and I hope it will get lots of use. I'd even be happy to pass this on to someone else to use once we are done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment