23 Mar 2010

Knitted Cardigan

This pattern was from the Australian Womens Weekly magazine. I hadn't knitted anything since I was little apart from a couple of scarves a few years back, so the thought of trying a cardigan was a bit daunting. My patient mother showed me the few stitches that I had forgotten, but I also used this website a lot which has great videos on casting on and off, as well as all the basic stitches.

I admit that I had to do the first three rows about 4 times before I got into the swing of it, but after a while it comes more naturally and you can power through the rows. The hardest part for me was 1) the buttonholes, and 2) the neckline and getting it to fit around the front and back pieces. In the end I don't think it turned out too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment