10 Mar 2011

Merino Pants

With the arrival of our little boy, Alex, I haven't had much time to do ,well, anything. He has started going to bed at the same time as Chloe so I thought I'd use my evenings to do some sewing. First up were these merino pants as the weather has suddenly got cold and Alex doesn't have any warm clothes. I have a bit of merino left over from making the blanket so I grabbed a pair of cotton pants that are a bit big for him yet and traced around them. They have a nice wide leg, but not too wide, and a bum insert to help fit over a nappy.
I sewed the elastic into the waistband at each seam to stop it twisting, and to keep it even around the pants.

Front and back views

Back view showing insert

They ended up a bit long, which is fine cause they cover his feet too...and it's not like he's going to trip over them. Much easier than trying to keep a blanket on his little kicking legs.

Our little Alex (3mths)

Now to make a black pair as I think these will be used a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment