7 Jan 2012

Quilt update...again

After getting the birthday party out of they way and christmas under our belt I thought I'd re-visit the quilt that has been patiently sitting at the side of my craft table for the last couple of months.

I managed to piece together the strips that will make up the binding so that I don't have that step to do when I get to the end. I also put together all the extra little squares that will make up the strip across the back of the quilt.

I also got all of the larger squares put together which actually didn't take too long with chain piecing. I have even got the first row sewn together!
The squares in place to show the layout. The border strips look shorter as I haven't allowed for the seams when laying the squares out.
Now I just have to keep the momentum up and get all the pieces sewn together. With no more pressing projects I will hopefully get it sorted soon. It is very indicative of my OCD that I am looking forward to sewing together the rows to see if all the seams line up.

Looking good so far. This pic should give me the inspiration to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment