15 Mar 2015

Kids Room Cushions

I had been given a few pillow inserts quite a while ago and held on to them every time we moved. This last move has given my daughter a room of her own and I wanted to add some girly things to it for her as she likes girly things. First up was some pretty cushions. 

We went to David's Emporium to find some fabric and we found this heavy cotton that is perfect. She chose pink, purple and a spotty print. I decided that some contrasting piping would be fun too. It wasn't until I went to add the zip that I realised how much trickier it is with piping, but I got the hang of it and by pillow 3 I was a pro. I didn't cut the piping fabric on the bias, which is naughty I know, but I figured it would be fine for a kids room. 

She was super happy with the end result, and my boy liked the spotty one so much I had to make him one too. I put different piping on his so we could tell them apart, and he has a fun green zip.



No comments:

Post a Comment