16 Mar 2016

Birthday Calendar







I've seen this all over Pinterest and so had to make one for myself. The top is a piece of MDF. The letters of 'Family' were purchased at Spotlight. I ended up using cork tiles for the birthday squares which took a bit of effort to cut but were easy to put the screws in to. I got 3 test pots of paint for the squares and added some white to get 3 varied shades of each. I used them to follow family lines...kinda.
Base coats done.
15mm screws were for between the main board and the month names. 10mm screws were for between each birthday square
I opened the top screws into hooks and left them open to add names as needed.
Finished. A piece of ribbon for it to hang from. I purchased a paint pen to write the names which worked really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment